Hey hey hey … I’m back 🙂
I know I’ve been awol recently but trust me, I have a valid excuse. Unfortunately I cannot go into detail as it’s a personal family matter but thanks to the Almighty, things seem to be looking pretty positive 🙏🏻
What’s not looking pretty or positive is my skin. I’m not sure if it’s due to the fact that…
1. I’ve been on meds for the last few months.
2. I have not been getting enough sleep.
3. We’ve had a stressful month which included traveling to Cape Town – South Africa and back again.
Or it might just be a combination of it all.
My skin’s been looking dull, dark circles have made a special appearance and it’s brought along a friend in the form of a fine breakout on my forehead and cheeks.
I’m consistent in carrying out my daily skincare rituals, so I know that I’m covered in that regard. That means that I need to treat it from within.
As a teen, I used to force myself to drink a glass of water before brushing my teeth every morning as we were always advised to do so. As I got older, I neglected this habit but recently, I found myself giving my mom this advice and thinking, “wait a minutes, why am I not doing this.” This got me thinking … okay … it got me googling this topic and I found that this practice is referred to as “Water Therapy” and I was once again reminded of it’s benefits.
It is said that drinking water on an empty stomach purifies the bodies internal system. This assists digestion which in turn maintains healthy PH levels which is vital for a number of reasons, including glowing skin.
A Japanese medical society found that Water Therapy has proven to assist and sometimes cure ailments such as arthritis, epilepsy, bronchitis, uberculosis, meningitis and many other ailments.
These are just a few examples, there are numerous benefits to this practice.
Try and follow these simple steps for a healthier, revitalized body and gorgeous glowing skin.
- Make sure you get 8hrs of sleep.
- Wake up early in the morning.
- Drink 4 glasses of warm water (preferably purified water that’s been boiled and cooled) first thing in the morning, before brushing teeth.
- Brush your teeth immediately after.
- Have breakfast 45mins later.
- Wait for 2 hours before consuming anything else after every meal (breakfast, lunch and supper.)
- Drink 2 glasses of water an hour before every meal (breakfast, lunch and supper.)
* Drinking 4 glasses of water was not an easy task for me, let alone warm water which tends to make me feel a bit nauseous but start off with 1 and gradually increase the amount each day until your body’s become accustomed to it.
That’s it from me guys. Let me know if you’ve decided to try it out with me. If you’ve been on the Water Therapy bandwagon for a while now then do share your thoughts and results. I’d love to hear what you guys have to say.
Lots of LumiLove 🖤